December 31, 2011
Posted by on
Fanboy favorite Kevin Smith took to twitter last night and showed off some unused footage from The Dark Knight. It doesn’t seem to give away anything new, but its cool to new footage of Heath Ledger as the Joker.
The video is below for your viewing pleasure.
December 19, 2011
Posted by on
The theatrical trailer for The Dark Knight Rises has officially been released. If you’re like me and resisted the urge to watch the bootleg copies its well worth checking out now.
In typical Christopher Nolan fashion the trailer really doesn’t give anything away but does its job in getting you amped up for the final movie. There were a few cool little things I picked up on in the trailer.
- There was a pretty cool Easter egg in the beginning of the trailer. The crowd at the football stadium are holding up signs. Once sign spells out Rouges. If you look at the R, its shaped the like the R that is traditionally used as Robin’s logo.
- Harvey Dent’s reputation appears to be intact. Based on the pictures over Gordon’s shoulder it would appear that Gordon and Batman have kept their pact to hide Harvey’s crimes.
- Selina Kyle appears to be at a masquerade ball dancing with Bruce Wayne, and it certainly looks like she has cat ears in her hair.
- It seems that Bruce Wayne is in prison. Not sure whether this is a flashback or not. I’m sure we’ll find out.
- Bane is hard to understand. However, that is probably how he would sound in the comics as well with his mouth completely covered by the mask. I’m going to have to pay close attention to understand everything he says.
- The Batwing is awesome looking. ’nuff said.
- The trailer is lacking in the amount of screen-time give to Batman. He had very little time on screen, however if the Bat is broken it would make sense that he doesn’t appear very much.
- They included the Joker’s theme from The Dark Knight in the trailer. You can hear it as the prisoners are escaping and right before the chanting starts. I thought it was a great callback to the last movie to include Joker’s music. (Yes, I own The Dark Knight score and listen to it regularly. That’s how I picked up on the music)
July 20, 2009
Posted by on
The folks over at Hot Toys make some amazing looking figures. Their 1/6th scale Batman figure from The Dark Knight is quite possibly the coolest action figure I’ve ever seen. These guys also made a Joker figure that was amazing looking so they know their stuff when it comes to figures.
This Batman stands approximately 32 cm tall, and features a sculpt body with over 32 points of articulation and is movie accurate to The Dark Knight. The deluxe version of the figure comes with two removable heads that have differing features. Below are some of the details.
- One features Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS) and Translucent Iris technology. The eyes are designed to that it looks like they follow you as you move. How incredibly badass is that?
- The alternate head features the sonar vision device with eyes that actually light up. Yes the eyes are battery powered to get the glowing look we saw at the end of the movie.
- Three sets of interchangeable posing hands
- It has three “interchangeable unique faces captured the Batman classic facial expressions, which fit for both two functional heads”
- Weapons and accessories -Transformable Sticky Bomb Gun, Back Pack, Grapnel Gun, Mini Mines, removable Holster, and two (2) interchangeable and Magnet featured Batman Utility Belts etc
This is probably one of the coolest toys ever. I’m giving serious thoughts to buying one when it releases in early 2010. If you want more information and more pictures check it out here.