The Dark Knight Rises Theatrical Trailer and Impressions
December 19, 2011
Posted by on
The theatrical trailer for The Dark Knight Rises has officially been released. If you’re like me and resisted the urge to watch the bootleg copies its well worth checking out now.
In typical Christopher Nolan fashion the trailer really doesn’t give anything away but does its job in getting you amped up for the final movie. There were a few cool little things I picked up on in the trailer.
- There was a pretty cool Easter egg in the beginning of the trailer. The crowd at the football stadium are holding up signs. Once sign spells out Rouges. If you look at the R, its shaped the like the R that is traditionally used as Robin’s logo.
- Harvey Dent’s reputation appears to be intact. Based on the pictures over Gordon’s shoulder it would appear that Gordon and Batman have kept their pact to hide Harvey’s crimes.
- Selina Kyle appears to be at a masquerade ball dancing with Bruce Wayne, and it certainly looks like she has cat ears in her hair.
- It seems that Bruce Wayne is in prison. Not sure whether this is a flashback or not. I’m sure we’ll find out.
- Bane is hard to understand. However, that is probably how he would sound in the comics as well with his mouth completely covered by the mask. I’m going to have to pay close attention to understand everything he says.
- The Batwing is awesome looking. ’nuff said.
- The trailer is lacking in the amount of screen-time give to Batman. He had very little time on screen, however if the Bat is broken it would make sense that he doesn’t appear very much.
- They included the Joker’s theme from The Dark Knight in the trailer. You can hear it as the prisoners are escaping and right before the chanting starts. I thought it was a great callback to the last movie to include Joker’s music. (Yes, I own The Dark Knight score and listen to it regularly. That’s how I picked up on the music)