July 25, 2011
Posted by on
Say what you want about Marvel, but they sure know how to promote their movies and get fans excited. This week at Comic Con Marvel released individual posters of each Avenger, and when placed together they make one large banner. The Hulk was the last Avenger to appear in this format, but he completes a pretty awesome banner that the folks at Super Hero Hype have been kind of enough to piece together. It blows up so click on it for a full screen look.
Here’s a few of the things I’ve noticed about the Avengers in this new poster.
- Iron Man has gone back to the round arc reactor. We know that The Avengers takes place after Iron Man 2 so what causes Tony to go back to the old tech that was gradually killing him? And strangely enough in the teaser trailer it looked like he still had the triangular reactor. So when does the switch take place?
- Black Widow has changed her look some. Now the costume looks to be leather-like and she is sporting shorter hair. Not a major change, but a change nonetheless.
- The Hulk looks old school. By that I mean he has the exaggerated facial features and large brow that was distinctive in early comics. It looks good but its a little jarring to have Hulk look different in each movie he’s appeared in. Hopefully they are able to stick to this look.
- Cap’s new costume is pretty streamlined. You can see the difference between the World War II era and modern era costumes. The new costume and streamlined and armored looking. The wings on the helmet look a little odd though.
- Thor’s costume hasn’t changed in the artwork. However, in the teaser trailer he is sporting the short sleeves without the chainmail.
- Hawkeye’s costume is straight out of the Ultimates comics. If you look at the costumes side-by-side they are the same aside from the sunglasses worn in the comics. I like this look and it translates to the big screen much better than the traditional 616-style costume.
- As for Nick Fury, he’s still pretty badass but that might be because he’s modeled after and played by Samuel L. Jackson. The really cool thing to see is the SHIELD Helicarrier. It looks awesome, and its safe to bet that we will be seeing it in the Avengers.
Kudos to Marvel for putting together this awesome artwork. Between the art and the teaser at the end of the Captain America movie this has been a big week for news on the Avengers. Only a year away now!