SDCC: Smallville Panel
July 28, 2009
Posted by on
There was a lot of information that came out about Smallville during the San Diego Comic Con. In fact, Tom Welling attended the Con for the first time to speak with fans. In addition to becoming a producer on the show Welling will be directing at least 2 episodes of Smallville this season. The sneak peek shown at Comic Con gave a lot teasers, but sadly I haven’t seen it hit the web yet. If it does rest assured I’ll be providing a link. However, Kristen at E! Online has provided a pretty solid rundown of the preview footage which I’ve included below.
• “The world’s greatest hero has risen” appears onscreen along with the Superman logo.
• A montage of Clark on his path to becoming a hero. “And he is not alone,” says the preview. Followed by shots of each Justice League member who has fought with him: Aquaman, Black Canary, Impulse, Cyborg, Zatanna, Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Green Arrow, the Legion and Watchtower. Studio reps confirm to us that Laura Vandervoort is not returning to the show, despite her appearance in the preview.
• The introduction of Zod, who’s brought several friends with him (more on that below). He’s seen fighting toe-to-toe with Tess.
• Lois is seen fighting in the future.
• Chloe (Allison Mack) relies on the protection of a gun this season.
• Brian Austin Green’s Metallo has a very sinister look to him. He’s seen with the Kryptonite power source on his chest, iconic for the Metallo character.
• There is a hot and steamy love scene between Lois and Clark. Heavy petting and makeout sesh included.
• For a split second, it seems that Lex has appeared on screen, but it could be our imagination.
• Clark has a nifty new supersuit. It’s all black, no spandex, with the silver Superman logo on the front and a long black trench coat that doubles as a cape.
I for one am just happy they’ve finally begun Clark’s transition to Superman. Donning the costume is definitly a step in the right direction. I do have to admit that I’m disappointed we won’t be seeing anymore of Kara this season, I had hoped that Supergirl might get a bigger role in things. Finally, the early version of the Justice League is intriguing to say the least. Seems like I’ll be watching Smallville again this year despite the CW moving to Friday night… a deadly timeslot to be sure. There are plenty of other little tidbits on the posting by E! Online. I’ve included a link so that you all can check it out if you’re interested.
Via: E! Online